Which place was also known as Nanaki Chakk – Gurmat Quiz | Sikh History
Did you know Which place was also known as Nanaki Chakk – Gurmat Quiz | Sikh History | Sikhism Quiz
Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji purchased some land around the ruins of the village of Makhowal. It was a peaceful area for meditation, art and intellectual activity, and safe from military attack. Bhai Guruditta laid the foundation stone of this new town in June 1665 at the present site of the gurdwara Guru De Mahal. Guru Tegh Bahadur named the new town Chakk Nanaki after his mother. Chakk Nanaki had the protection of the Charn Ganga stream on two sides and river Sutlej on the third.
After setting up Chakk Nanaki, Guru Tegh Bahadur was unable to visit it for the next six years. In March 1672 he moved back to Chakk Nanaki and finally established it as the Sikh religious headquarters. After Guru Tegh Bahadur achieved martyrdom on November 11, 1675 his son, Guru Gobind Singh came to Chakk Nanaki.
On March 30, 1689 Guru Gobind Singh laid the foundation of a new town and named it Anandpur Sahib.
Today Chakk Nanaki, the old town of Anandpur Sahib and the adjoining villages of Sahota, Lodhipur, Agampur, Mataur and others, form the new town of Anandpur Sahib.
Visit www.gurmatquiz.org for more Sikh related quiz